Tuesday, December 4, 2012

RIP sweet Hazel

I don't oil paint much anymore, though I do really enjoy it. It just seems more complicated than other mediums. So when I still get periodic requests for dog portraits, I get the opportunity to create with wonderful buttery oil paint. So in between a commercial project I did this portrait of Hazel for someone to give as a Christmas gift. I would go from the oil palette and the easel to InDesign on my computer and back again. The dog portrait is done...brochure is not...

Get back to work!!!

2 comments:

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

Thats a adorable & lovely painting (beautiful dog, is it a Irish wolfhound?) I love the sofness and the colours of it. This will be a wonderful Christmas gift.

Claire M said...

Fantastic painting of this dog. You've really created a charming image!!