Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hot, tired and glowing in Bali

It took me 36 hours to get from Maine to Bali. The bus to Boston and flight to JFK were easy peasy lemon squeezy. Even the 6 hours to Vancouver was okay. It was not full and I stretched out a bit. The guy next to me popped a hand-full of Ambien, put on his eye shades and he was gone. It was the totally full 14 hour flight from Vancouver to Hong Kong that was the killer, except for "Ambien guy" who woke up ate some noodles popped another hand-full of Ambien and was out until Hong Kong. I watched movies drifted up and down the aisle and managed the above sketch. Did I mentioned that my lower back started hurting before I even left Portland...
I finally got to Hong Kong and fell asleep at the gate. Luckily the 4 hours to Bali was not full and I managed to sleep a bit more. Arriving in Bali where it is 100° and humid has made my jet-lag even harder to overcome. So I have been glowing and lazily drifting around the villa for the past week. Maybe tomorrow I will do a little more...

3 comments:

john.p said...

I was uncomfortable just reading about your discomforts. Glad you made it there, at least.

donnamcm said...

Hi Jen, wow that is a long time, don't think I could do it, but now you are there, so relax, get over the jet lag and then give us some reportage please.

soju said...

I highly entrust the use of Ambien if you need help falling asleep Ambien is the best which you can buy on WWW.MEDSHEAVEN.COM even without prescription. MF