Thursday, July 9, 2009

Full moon fever

We went to visit friends at their cottage on the beach a few days ago. It was a wonderful sunny day, which we haven't seen much of since returning to Maine, so we were able to take a long walk along the wide stretch of Old Orchard Beach. After dinner, a beautiful pink full moon rose over the ocean in a cobalt blue sky. Of course, I got up from the table and ran down to the beach for a closer look at this beautiful sight. And then the next day, it started raining again...

8 comments:

sue said...

Oh, how wonderful that you captured it for posterity, then! I'll bet you'll remember it even more since you've had so few clear nights! Beautiful, Jennifer!

Ann said...

Lovely painting!

laura said...

Gorgeous!! I love variety of your blues and the granulation in the sky; also the wonderful breaking wave and the reflections in the water. This painting is iconic--simply perfect!!

__ said...

Just beautiful! Simple and strong!

Claire M said...

Trying to paint sunsets can be very challenging for me, but I'm really impressed with yours here. This is a lovely page!

Maree Clarkson said...

Lovely loose painting Jennifer, something I'm working towards. I always SO look forward to your next post!

Margaret Ann said...

Nice capture of a special moment! :)

lyn said...

Wow! Haven't stopped by since Bali. Great stuff from the workshop, I get comments on my use of line and have taken it into wire work. Lovely painting. Roz is nudging me into 100 dogs ( I've done horses, cats and hands) perhaps you should organize all yours into a slideshow?
Continued success!