Sunday, July 26, 2009

CSN in concert

At the last minute we decided to go to the Crosby, Stills and Nash a few blocks up from where we live. I had not seen them since 1997 and it was as wonderful as it was 12 years ago. Not surprising, the audience (and the performers) had gray hair and clearly have been fans since Woodstock, like me. We were in the second section back from the stage and the lights were dim, so I was sketching by stage-lights.

"I almost cut my hair"

"I've been around the world"

"It appears to be a long time"

Stephan stills on the electric guitar.

"Stop, hey what's that sound, everyone look what going down"

Thank you and "Carry On" Crosby, Stills and Nash

6 comments:

Ann said...

Their music brings back such great memories. Thanks for sharing your wonderful sketches!

Kate (Cathy Johnson) said...

Wonderful job, Jennifer, and sounds like FUN.

Judybec said...

These are great!
I find sketching at concerts is tons of fun, the music seems to help me get "in the flow".

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Aw, Jennifer, these are great. I love these guys too. I saw them a couple of years back, and they were at Glastonbury festival this year. I'm a Stephen Stills fanatic. He did a little solo tour here, in the Uk last year. It was so cute. I know his voice isn't what it used to be but he can still play that electric guitar like no other.

Thanks, I'm going to share this link with my friend now...

Donna Mulholland said...

Wonderful!

Jeff said...

You have perfectly captured the "crosbiness" of David Crosby. I have the biggest smile on my face and I have no idea why. Wonderful!