Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas in Bali

Our only holiday decoration was this bouquet of flowers I clipped from our tropical garden and stuck in a water glass. Quite beautiful sitting on the low coffee table with late afternoon light streaming in. 

It is the rainy season—musim hujan, now in Bali, so the days are mostly overcast and very hot and steamy. Hujan sehari-hari, it rains almost everyday. We awakened on Christmas morning to dry air, clear blue skies and a gentle breeze. What a wonderfult gift. A six mile walk on the beach and then grilled fish at the water's edge watching the sunset. A perfect holiday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know how much I still LOVE your Bali travel paintings. Happy New Year!

laura said...

I just love these watercolors--so fresh and lively, and not one brushstroke too many! How do you do that? ;-)

Margaret Ann said...

How romantic and exotic! :) Love these two pages!

All the best in 2009 Jen!

Sandy said...

As much as I love our white Christmas's in New England I crave a totally different experience - I envy your adventure and appreciate all you share of Bali !

Kim said...

Lovely work. I love your holiday decorations, but I'm a self-described flower nut! Thanks