Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Moleskine sketches


As you all know, I love dogs. I saw a bumper sticker on a motorbike here in Bali that said "I love Bali dogs"—I'm on a quest to find one for my car back in Maine.  Everyday my heart goes out to all the Bali dogs. It is so very painful to see how most of them live. The Balinese believe that dogs are evil creatures so that is the major reason for the sad Bali dog existence. A life wandering the streets looking for food and shelter.  

On the other hand, the Balinese revere the monkey. This fellow was at the Monkey Sanctuary in Ubud, where thousands of monkeys have free reign of the entire temple and beyond.

7 comments:

Genine said...

such an expressive face on this monkey. beautiful sketch!

Wren said...

I'd rather have a dog, than a monkey. I love your pen and ink with color.

Sandy said...

Oh I would have a hard time NOT feeding dogs all day long!! How sad, and I do not particularly like monkeys anyway. this guy looks so sweet!

A Brush with Color said...

These are all wonderful. You should so do a book after all this--you've done a remarkable job on all these impressions of your surroundings.

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe anyone could think dogs were evil...

And yours are SO beautiful...

Timaree said...

I wish I could adopt all the dogs. Dogs just want to have a chance to love someone. And they can be so loyal. Poor things. Your pictures show such cute dogs there. It's hard to imagine people don't care about them.

The Victorious place said...

I love your site and all your drawings. Nice pen work.
The dog sketches are really good.