Thursday, October 23, 2008

Anjing bagus kecil

This little guy is about 6 weeks old. He and another puppy crawled out from underneath a warung (food stall) along the beach. They were so cute, but life is not easy for many of the dogs here in Bali. They must become very street/beach-wise or they will not survive. Many of them belong to local shop owners, but others are just mangy vagabonds. It is rare to see dogs leashed or tied up. Many of them need medical care for skin problems and all should be spayed. I worry about them all, especially when I look into their eyes. I know that is crazy, because it too much to carry around in my heart.

2 comments:

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Oh poor little doggy... dog lovers have such a soft spot for big brown eyes... I guess that's why I have 5 dogs... which doesn't stop my heart strings from being pulled by a story like this.

Lisa Adams Reed said...

These puppy pics are tugging at my heart strings. How is your best friend doing back in the states?